10 BEST NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR HAIR LOSS
Hair Loss or Hair Fall is very common problem in today’s world and millions of people are suffering from it. Many are paying huge amount of money just in hope to bring back their lost hairs or to stop further loss. Enlisted here is 10 best natural supplements for hair loss which are proved to be beneficial to much extent.
There are a variety of prescription drugs available from doctors online for convenience and price, but at the same time there are also many natural Do It Yourself (DIY) treatments that you can be used at home and HAIR LOSS can be prevented. Here I am going to highlight 10 best natural supplements for hair loss and how problem can be solved.
Natural Supplements for Hair Loss
Vitamin A, also known as Retinol, is very relevant to the health of your hair and scalp. Products containing vitamin A strengthen and protect the hair from future damage.
Healthline writes: “All cells need vitamin A for their growth. In case of hair loss, it is very important to have sufficient amount of Vitamin A.
A review conducted in 2017 shown that taking excessive or excessive consumption of Vitamin A can lead to hair loss. As a rule, the fat-soluble vitamin A is stored in the liver where its dispersion is tightly regulated by Anabolic and Catabolic reactions between the inactive and active metabolite.
Also Read Best High Fibre Diet, Tips and Benefits
When Vitamin A levels are too high, the capacity of the transport system is exceeded and vitamin A overflows into the circulation maintaining homeostasis and by extension the appropriate concentration of active metabolite which is important for healthy hair and its growth.
Diets deficient in Vitamin A may lead to several problems, including hair fall.
You can buy Vitamin A as an individual supplement or buy a multivitamin, including Vitamin A.
Various Natural Sources of Vitamin A.
- Beef liver
- Cod liver oil
- Sweet Potato
- Black-eyed peas
- Sweet red pepper
- Sweet potato
Like Vitamin A, Protein is essential for hair growth as well as to stop hair loss. In fact, proteins are essential for the growth of many parts of your body, such as muscles and skin. According to Web MD, “Protein is important for strengthening hair and promoting growth.
The recommended daily amount is about “two to three ounce servings of meat or a combination of four to five servings of dairy products and beans”.
Make sure you get enough natural protein for your hair.
While homemade Protein hair treatments are good treatment options, they should not be used in isolation.
Home made protein hair treatments target and nourish only the outside of the hair, thus helping to strengthen the integrity of the hair rods from the outside to the inside. However, for optimal results, you should also target your hair follicles.
Eating enough protein will ensure shiny and strong hair. Naturally, it can be difficult to get enough of this protein through your diet.
You can eat more protein by drinking Protein shakes or adding more Meat, Fish and poultry to your diet.
Protein also comes naturally from Seeds, Nuts and Soy products.
Various Natural Sources of Protein
You can make a protein treatment for natural hair with eggs that you have at home. Eggs are probably the best protein treatment for natural hair damaged by heat because they are rich not only in protein, but in beneficial enzymes too.
How to use Eggs and apply as Mask- For protein treatment of fine natural hair, use the whole egg. Beat until fluffy and apply evenly to hair and scalp, cover with a warm cap or towel and let the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
For a natural protein treatment for frizzy hair or oily hair, use only egg whites.
This egg protein treatment for natural hair can be used as a protein treatment at home for hair every two weeks or every month.
Sour cream, Yogurt and similar dairy products contain not only protein, but lactic acid, which cleanses your hair while the fat in the dairy hydrates it. For hair fall problem this is an excellent weekly treatment that will revitalize and restore shine to your hair.
How to use it- To create a very powerful homemade protein conditioner, add an egg to your yogurt mixture. Let your mixture sit and dry for up to 20 minutes before rinsing.
For powerful results, try a protein treatment for natural hair with Avocado. These are one of the best natural supplements for hair loss. Avocados are not only loaded with protein and nutrients, but their high fat content has great benefits when applied to hair.
Avocados repair hair damage, strengthen strands of hair and make hair less dry, brittle and prone to breakage.
How to use Avocado- Mix half of a crushed avocado with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (which contains egg protein) and apply this homemade protein conditioner to your hair every week to get rid of hair loss.
Coconut oil or coconut butter is rich in healthy fats and proteins which are excellent as a natural protein treatment for damaged hair. Applying a coconut oil mask to your hair can provide a very economical deep hydrating treatment that can give you great results.
Iron deficient people often suffer from hair loss or hair fall. In fact, iron supports the production of hemoglobin, which is necessary for healthy hair.
Iron is necessary for the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen and nutrients in the hair to help it grow.”
The hair follicle and the root are supplied with a nutrient-rich blood supply using iron. So make iron-rich foods a staple in your diet to get those luscious locks.
The most common nutritional deficiency in the world is iron deficiency, which contributes to hair loss.
A very important tip that you should be aware of is taking Vitamin C-rich foods in combination with iron-rich foods, since your body can better absorb iron with vitamin C.
Rich Natural sources of Iron
- Broccoli: Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. Not only do they taste good, broccoli is also high in iron and vitamin C (which helps your body absorb iron better).
Broccoli is also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Calcium etc. Half a cup of fresh broccoli provides 0.9 µg of Iron.
- Almonds: These are very important for the health of people of all ages. Rich in vitamin E, Iron and Protein. Several research shoes that Almonds has been used from very early ages in hair loss problems and it has been proved very effective.
- Chicken: Chicken is high in protein and iron. The iron in the chicken is easily absorbed by the body.
- Dried apricots: Apricots are rich in iron and other nutrients. Apricots are available in raw form, but in dried form and contain the highest amount of iron. When dried, apricots have no water or sugar content, but their iron content is intact.
- Eggs: Although eggs are not as rich in iron compared to other foods, I thought I should mention egg because it contains every other nutrient that is beneficial for the general health of hair, skin and other organs.
- Fruits: Plums, Apples, Bananas, Lemon, Grapes, Oranges, Carrots contain iron and a portion of one or more fruits would supplement the iron source.
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E and iron, both of which are good for the skin, eyes and hair.
- Green peas: Both fresh and cooked peas have a good iron content.
- Strawberries: The high Vitamin C content in strawberries helps your body absorb the iron content in them.
- Spinach: Spinach is an excellent source of iron. It is the most recommended vegetable by the doctor, it contains many nutrients, but the best known of all is the abundant iron content.
- Cashew and Peanuts: They have a good iron content. Always helpful and useful for hair at very stage of life.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolates are always my favorites. Great taste comes with good benefits. Yes, dark chocolates are loaded with iron. Here’s another reason to swallow dark chocolate.
- Avocados: Contains Iron and also Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, etc.
- Raisins: High in nutrients, raisins contain high amount of Iron.
It provides your hair with the amino acids it needs to produce keratin. Keratin is a protein that makes hair. Collagen can be consumed, but it is often applied topically in a cream, hair mask, specialized shampoo, or treatment.
Collagen is known to protect the skin and does the same for your hair. It provides the stretch and bounce the hair needs to reduce breakage.
It is the most abundant protein in your body and helps make up the tendons, ligaments and your skin. Your body produces collagen, but you’ll also catch on from supplements and foods, like bone broth. It can offer a variety of health benefits, such as promoting healthy, strong hair.
Collagen provides Amino acids that can be used to create hair.
Hair is mainly made up of the keratin protein. Your body uses several amino acids to create keratin a number of which may be found in collagen.
When you consume collagen and other proteins, your body breaks them down into amino acids which are then used to build new proteins and compounds. It is one of the best Natural supplements for Hair Loss.
Easy to add to your routine.
- You can add collagen to your diet through food or supplements. Since it is the connective tissue of mammals, it is found in the skin, bones and muscles of chicken, beef, pork and fish. Animal bone broth contains both collagen and gelatin, a cooked form of collagen.
- Oranges, peppers, Brussels sprouts and strawberries are great sources of this vitamin. Finally, collagen can be taken in the form of additional pills or powder.
Most essentially, do not forget, that a healthy, balanced-diet is what works in the end.
This is often prescribed to pregnant women to help the development of babies in uterus. Folic acid also promotes healthy growth of the skin, nails and hair. Hair growth treatments rich in folic acid improve thickness, softness and strength.
It works by promoting healthy red blood cells that are necessary for strong, healthy hair. You can find naturally occurring folic acid in beans, Pasta and Rice.
Foods rich in Folic Acid
- Leafy green vegetables, such as spinach
- Citrus fruits, such as Orange juice.
Hair repair is often the precursor to a thicker operation. When the hair follicles are better able to repair themselves, they have a better chance of developing naturally.
Zinc also provides a service by regulating the oil in your scalp. This reduces scaly dandruff and oily hair which results in prevention of hair loss.
Some of the Zinc rich foods are-
- Whole grains
- Fortified cereals
- Pumpkin seeds
If your hair loss is caused by a zinc deficiency, taking zinc will repair and improve hair growth almost immediately.
You can get more zinc through oral supplements or by eating whole grains, legumes and shellfish.
There are many natural supplements available for hair loss. These supplements actually provides the best diet required for maintaining and increasing the hair strength. These results in increasing the hair density.
Always include some of the best natural supplements for hair loss in daily diet. These natural foods should be included in every ones diet irrespective of age and gender.
If you like this blog, Kindly share with your friends. Do check out other articles for more information. 🙂